Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Cupcakes

 I felt like baking today, as I was waiting for the people who adopted Orie to come and get her. I made some beautiful little cupcakes and I'm pretty proud of them.
These are Milk Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes laced with chunks of Hersheys Almond Milk Chocolate bar chunks, with a Bittersweet Chocolate Curd filling, Italian Meringue Frosting with a nob of Lavender (color, not flavor) Cream Cheese frosting, and edible pearls.


I have never actually made a filled cupcakes before today, and these turned out great. The curd filling is simply 1/3 Cup sugar, 2 tblspoons Corn Starch, 1/4 tsp Sea Salt put in a sauce pan and then a mixture of egg yolks (two from my MIL's chickens) and milk (1 1/2 C) slowly added at medium heat to the above dry ingredients, stirring constantly, I then added in a handful of bittersweet chocolate chips and stirred until it thickened and came to a boil for a whole minute. Then I chilled it, cored the cupcakes, filled a zip top baggie with the curd and cut the tip off the baggie to fill the cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment