Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Introducing the Ducks

Marshmallow
Luigi
I firstly want to mention that I am a firm believer in never giving chicks, ducks, or other animals as a present, especially baby animals for Easter. So many of them end up turned loose to go feral and they cannot live a good life that way-- they are domesticated animals!

So the fact that we got ducks the week before Easter was actually more a coincidence then that the ducks were for Easter. They actually have never been connected to Easter for our boys, which is good, because I don't want them to grow up to be irresponsible duck-and-chick Easter present givers.

That being said, we did get the boys their own ducks. For all I know they're both girls, but I could be mistaken, especially as I'm not positive what breeds they are. I think Luigi (Noway's) is a Cayuga. Marshmallow(Boy's) is turning Buff.

The ducks have been adopted by Sunlight and the turkeys. It's hilarious to see them follow one Tom in particular around the yard all day long.





No comments:

Post a Comment