Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Banana Bread Cheat


Bananas don't usually last long enough in this household to get overripe, but, for some reason, this week we ended up with three over-ripe bananas. So, what do I do? Time to make banana bread!

As always, I decided to play around instead of following a recipe. We had a lovely box of white cake mix in the pantry, so I decided to base my banana bread off of that.

1 box white cake mix (bet this would be yummy with chocolate!)
3 mashed bananas
1 stick softened butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup water


I mixed it all together in my mixer until it was nice and smooth. I decided to make these into cupcakes, and it made 24. Baked in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 350.

So far I have just left them alone, but I am tempted to mess with toppings-- like chocolate ganache, or peanut butter honey whipped cream frosting... maybe dipped in homemade Magic Shell...

I think I will wait until my boys try them before messing with them!

Verdict: Leave them alone! These are light and yummy with all the banana flavor. They really don't need anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment