Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Knit Knacks: Boy's Blanket


I am really bad at reading and following directions.

In general i am a fast reader. Maybe that's the problem. I start reading knitting (or other) directions and my brain, lazily, just proclaims, "Blah blah blah blah."

So, my brain doesn't like traditional instructions for knitting patterns, so I have sort of reinvented everything as I go along and try to teach myself to knit. YouTube videos are also an awesome way for me to learn new stitches and techniques.

Surely I'm not the only one who gets bogged down with CO 35 k2 p2 (k2 p2 *)? Not to mention kfb or ssk?

I also stink at keeping count and, as I only may have five minutes (if that!) at a time for any project, I either have to keep it really simple or chart things out.

I love knitting, despite my inability to approach it in the traditional way or follow patterns, so I just play around with learning things my way. It's a great thing for me-- I can see progress instantly, I'm making something usable (so no crafting guilt), it keeps my hands and mind busy, and my hands are so strong now that jar lids are easy prey!


These were the first three things I ever really knitted. They are actually pretty easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment