Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh, PEANUTS!

OK, so, proving that I'm a mom who ends up watching more Disney channel then grown-up TV, I'm going to burst into song via Hannah Montana and declare:

"Nobody's Perfect."

Now that I have that off my chest I'll confess.

I just bid as a joke. On a lark. I shouldn't have done that. Because I won.

I JUST BOUGHT

100 + GOLD SPECKLED COTURNIX QUAIL HATCHING EGGS!!!!!


That's pretty crazy, even for me. I mean, even if half hatch, what am I going to do? And they start laying on their own in six weeks, so we're talking worse than mice! I'm going to over-run with cricket-sized chicks!

Maybe it's time to go gourmet and start eating quail eggs?

I'm half laughing hysterically and half actually hysterical. This is a Bonnie-type disaster! 

We'll just have to see what can be done with it.

I've never eaten quail... 

2 comments:

  1. OH GOODNESS! Here's my chant for you:

    Stay a-way from E-Bay! Stay a-way from E-Bay!

    Maybe you could sell them, send them right back out again.

    To quote another Disney heroine: Off with their heads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I contacted the seller and she'll be exchanging the quail eggs for some of their chicken eggs, which I'm happy about as they seem to be good quality. PHEW!

    ReplyDelete