Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sabbath Thoughts

I don't work on Sunday-- I observe the Sabbath and find Spring-esque renewal for the week to come by spending time with my family, attending church, and trying to keep an open heart and mind to the incredible world and blessings I see around me. Miracles are so easy to find, if you just look.

After all, it's this awe and love of creation that makes me want to Homestead. It's just gravy if I can reduce my carbon footprint, or feed my family-- I just want to be part of creation and life and a spectator in birth, life, death, communication. I feel like I understand more about faith and God by learning about his creatures and creation. "It is Wonderful!"

I get lost in details, it's very much me to not be able to see the forest for the trees. I can spend hours watching my sons sleep and marvel over every eyelash or the fact that all three of them have triangle-shaped mouths. I can sit and watch my cat as he interacts with the family, and how his best friend is the baby. I wallow in it, I drown in it, and I love it. That is who I am.

Creation. Life. Birth. It is so amazing-- so simple and complex. No wonder returning to the land and earth is so core to my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment