Thursday, December 9, 2010

Eggs are Here!

I am impatiently waiting for FedEx to arrive with my incubator, but my first batch of eggs to hatch has arrived.
Box in from the mail. Despite all the warnings our Mailman put it on its side.

Opening...

Snug as a bug...

Bad picture: One broken egg.

Opening the second box.

Only one egg cracked, look at the beautiful colors!

Resting for 24 hours before going to the incubator.


I bought them on ebay and they arrived quickly. Most are blue, one is olive green, and there are a couple pinks. I received 14 in the mail and one was cracked, so it had to go into the trash.

They now have to rest at least 24 hours big-side up before being place in the incubator to begin the hatching process. This allows the air-sac to get into place and everything to settle from shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment