Friday, December 17, 2010

A Christmas Gift

I have not been doing my normal updates for this blog because I was thrown a (good) curve ball earlier this week and have been wrapping my head around it.

For almost as long as I can remember I've been sick. I've had insomnia, bad pregnancies with low birth-weight babies, digestive issues, migraines, heat intolerance, horrible persistent thirst, debilitating anxiety, shaking, no energy... the list goes on and on and on. I got to the point where I hated my body, because it just had so many things wrong with it. I even was told by Drs. that I was a hypochondriac. I have been dealing with this on my own for so long.

And then, I met my newest doctor, someone who listened to me. We did numerous tests, and I've had lots of blood drawn.

And finally I have an answer.

One answer. One problem that is responsible for every symptom.

I have hyperthyroid.

This has been enormous for me. I have had to re-think everything I assume about myself and my health. That I don't have blood sugar issues when I shake, but that it's from the hyperthyroid. I have been reading so much about it, specifically Graves' disease and I could be a study in it, because it is me to the last dot.

Having an answer is life-changing. I know now that I can have a pregnancy in the future where I don't throw up the whole nine months. I know that my anxiety and depression and EVERYTHING is all caused by one thing.

So, I can move forward now into a new reality. I am not someone who has a million things wrong with them. I am a healthy person who has ONE thing wrong and that one thing is treatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment