Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ten-Minute Tuesday

I would love to say that I am a wonderful, organized, neat-as-pin, structured person, but I'm not. Not at all, actually. I'm the kind of person that can make excuses why household chores don't need to be done. Animal-related things are easier than the never-ending cycle of laundry and dishes and all that stuff. Honestly, usually those things end up falling on my way-too understanding husband. For the record, I do cook!

I figure that even someone like me can put ten minutes on the clock and rush to get things done. Today is Ten Minute Tuesday! What can you do in ten minutes?

Today I decided to tackle the laundry room, which always ends up being the room where things that are relatively miscellaneous just tend to migrate. In particular there's a beautiful desk in there that we probably haven't really seen since we moved here nearly two years ago.

It's that chaos-surface that I guess happens to anyone who isn't paying attention. I found everything from sand paper to lollipops to stories and drawings from the kids to the missing potholders from the kitchen. I even found a staple gun I didn't know we had!

In ten minutes I was able to declutter and clear the desk, get together a bunch of trash, and set it up with my sewing machine so I can, finally, finish the boys blankets which were for their birthdays last August!

No comments:

Post a Comment